Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday - Current Events : Everything

Everything. It encompasses everything because it is everything. It's you and I, it's the sky, the ground and everything in between. Everyone has views on it, so do I. Nobody likes to be told what is right, but everyone likes to tell everybody else what is right. Not what they feel is right, but what is right. That's wrong, but that's my opinion. Here are other things that are my opinion.

  • Some people believe in a higher power while some people do not. I do not have the right to persecute anybody for any belief system they hold, nor do I reserve the right to share mine with them on the grounds that I want them to open their eyes to my way of life.

  • Everyone holds a personal belief system that is wholly unique unto them. I do not have the right to persecute them for anything they believe in. You do not have the right to tell me that I am wrong about mine.

  • It is much better to be happy than sad. Some people find joy in things that others do not. As long as nobody else is being put in danger, I do not have the right to judge anyone else for making themselves happy. As long as I am not endangering anybody else, I have the freedom to make my own decisions.

  • As long as no human being is put in danger, it is okay for everyone to be exactly who they are. It is okay for any person to want to change who they are if they are not happy about it. It is okay for any person to remain who they are, even if they are not happy with it.
I can't understand how anybody anywhere could disagree with those points. I'm not trying to preach, I'm the worst person to hold these to as an example. Maybe now that I've gotten them down on "paper", I can begin to work on being a much better person to the people around me. They deserve it.

There's someone in my life that fills me with happiness everyday. I wish I had a way to show it to the entire world. Everyone deserves to feel what I do when I look at my computer wallpaper!

bth

1 comment: